The plane tickets are purchased, our lease-agreement for our Ugandan house is signed, the new furniture is ordered and bags are ready to be packed. Phew! We keep thinking things will slow down after the next said thing (estate sale, Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year, etc…), but it only seems to get busier. The to-do list is growing by the hour.
One minute we feel super excited and are ready to be there and then the very next minute we might be crying. We are working hard on grieving in a healthy way and helping our children grieve in a healthy way. God has been so gracious to us during this time of crazy transition. He leaves us little love gifts all over the place. Our children are most excited about the gift of snow that they asked Him for (sorry Atlanta).
We are basking in the promises that He gives us in His word. Here are some of our favorites:
* Psalm 56:3 “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
* I Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
* Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am
your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you
with my righteous right hand.”
* 2 Corinthians 12:9 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
is made perfect in weakness.”
* Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will
counsel you with my loving eye on you.”
* Romans 8:31 “If God is for us, who can be against us?”
* Psalm 34:19 “The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord
delivers him from them all.”
Our departure date is Sunday, February 16th. Please be in prayer for us as the travel is looooooong and exhausting. We will rest a few days at a hotel before we move into our new home.
What I am most excited to tell you about is our send-off service this Sunday, February 9th at 5:00 pm. We will have a special prayer time at 5:30 p.m. and then dinner is to follow. This will be a neat time for our family to pray for, eat with and love on everyone before we leave. We really hope you can come and join us!
I want to keep this blog post short and sweet as it will be the last one until we arrive on African soil. We will continue to update it while we are in Uganda. We can’t wait to share with you all of the new things that God is teaching us and allowing us to experience.
– Traveling mercies
– New friends to be made quickly for Jackson and Lilly
– Culture shock
– Our families/friends left here in the States
– Our health
– For us to trust God for future grace