They’re here, they’re here! The 12 new children are here at Lulwanda. Each one is special and have quickly found their way into our hearts.
Christopher, Godfrey, Ian, Kevin, Milton, James, Gift, Grace, Betty, Pricilla, Mary, Emma
Every staff member and child at Lulwanda has pitched in to help settle these children into their new home. It has been such a joy to watch this process. There have been many lessons learned and many still to learn. Village life is quite different than our Lulwanda life. Below are just a few of the life lessons already learned by our new family members:
- Throwing stones at your friends is not ok.
- Beating your friends is not ok either.
- Do not eat rubbish from the ground or anywhere else.
- Wearing shoes feels funny and takes practice.
- White people are not actually named muzungu.
- Food will be here tomorrow and the next day and the next.
- Our water bottles do not have alcohol in them.
- This is my very own bed, forever.
- Wearing pants is a must, not an option (and other clothes for that matter).
- Jiggers and bed bugs are not a permanent part of me.
- There is a bathroom for that……….. and that.
- I can’t get enough hugs and kisses.
- I am loved.